CSS offers many magical corners that will save you a lot of time. These corners are waiting for you! This course is taught by Morten Rand-Hendriksen, the web designer and developer. He uses a simple approach to help you quickly find the right solution for your specific problems. Morten discusses topics like layout, typography, containers, and many more. He demonstrates a method that you can use in your web styling. It is concise and fast, which can simplify complicated projects.
Introduction 1 Supercharge your CSS 2 Exercise files
1. Working With CSS 3 Should I normalize or reset my CSS 4 Write better CSS with stylelint
2. Container Tips 5 The VW unit is a bit of a mixed blessing 6 Consistent sizing with box-sizing border-box 7 Logical box properties instead of the top, right, bottom, left 8 Writing modes 9 Horizontal and vertical alignment in any container 10 Maintain aspect ratio in containers and images 11 How the clear property works 12 Move over clearfix Clearing with flow-root
3. Typography 13 px, em, and rem units explained 14 Set natural line lengths with the ch unit 15 Responsive sizing with min(), max(), and clamp() 16 Add a drop cap to your text 17 Truncate text length and number of lines of text 18 Style text selection and highlighting 19 Making sense of the line-height property
4. Custom Properties 20 Custom properties with default values 21 Nesting custom properties to create functions 22 Create light or dark mode with custom properties 23 Sidebar hsla() colors are just better
5. Layout 24 Should you use grid, flex, or float 25 Add gaps and gutters to grid and flex 26 Pseudo-elements are true grid and flex items 27 Putting things on top of one another using grid 28 Fixed and sticky elements